To protect migrating children in Europe is a priority of the EU and EU member states. This webinar addresses the policies and ambitions of the European Commission, EU Member States and The Netherlands. Special attention will be given to the transition to adulthood of unaccompanied minors. Policy makers, researchers and those interested are welcome to join.
Save the date, 12 October: webinar on children in migration in Europe, transition to adulthood
Webinar EMN Netherlands
'Children in migration in Europe and The Netherlands:
European and national policies, transition to adulthood'
Tuesday 12 October, 10:30-12:30 CEST
The webinar is following up on the study of the European Migration Network (EMN) on children in migration that, on request of the European Commission, provides comparable information from 26 European countries. This EMN study maps the state of implementation of the recommendations laid down in the European Commission Communication on the protection of children in migration (2017). In addition, EMN Netherlands conducted a benchmark that compares the Dutch study results with those of other Member States and Norway. The highlights of the study and benchmark will be briefly presented in the webinar.
- Mr Michael Schotter, Director for Migration, Asylum & Visa, Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs, European Commission | Pact on Migration and Asylum and the new EU Strategy on the Rights of
the Child: EC priorities on children in migration.
- Mr Eeuwke Faber, Deputy Director-General for International Migration (tbc), Ministry of Justice and Security | Policy priorities in relation to children in migration in the Netherlands.
- Speakers panel discussion on national policy priorities on the transition to adulthood:
- Ireland: Mrs Metasebia K. Kereta, Aftercare Worker, Team For Separated Children Seeking Asylum, Child and Family Agency
- Belgium: Mr Karl de Winne, senior policy officer Non-accompanied minors, Fedasil (Federal agency for the reception of asylum seekers
- Netherlands: Mrs Noor Bertens, policy officer, Nidos (national guardianship institution for unaccompanied and separated children in the Netherlands
- Netherlands: Mr Hans Lemmens, coordinator, EMN Netherland (moderator)
The agenda, registration information and links to relevant reports will follow shortly.
Please feel free to share this Save the date with others to whom the webinar might be interesting.
We are looking forward to welcoming you on 12 October!